Thursday, January 21, 2010

Talking Is All Around

I've lost count of the number of strangers I've talked with during the last couple of days, but I estimate the number to be between 10 and 15. Some of the conversations are really short, while others are longer. Most of them are still males though, so that's the bad news. But the good news is that attractive women occasionally come to talk with me first.

This is an example from yesterday: I was walking as usual and three women, with baggages, were lost. I smiled a little at them and then the most attractive one asked me for directions. If I hadn't smiled or actively asked them if they were lost, I probably wouldn't get the chance to talk with them.

So far, it's still difficult for me to grab the opportunity to talk with women. However, when I see men in sticky situations (e.g. still sleeping on the last subway station of the train ride), I will talk to them briefly (e.g. wake them up before the train traps them and goes into repair). I believe all this active talking with strangers (including men) will lead to somewhere. At least next time when I see an attractive woman, I'll have a higher probability of approaching her.

As for the progress of my novel, I currently wrote 31120 words for my first draft. I'm not done yet. The final draft will have to be between 80000 and 100000 words if it is to be published.

P.S. Some women or people are quite difficult to talk with. I'm not saying that they're rude, quite the opposite. They're very friendly, but it seems like the conversations are forced and don't link up like a chain. However, I can tell there are some who use subtle tactics to make you feel at ease and to make lots of conversational topics pop up in your mind. I'm still trying to acquire that skill from Neil Strauss (the world's #1 PUA).

No comments:

Post a Comment