Monday, January 18, 2010

Risk-Taking


I've been told a couple times that I'm boring. The first time was in high school and the last time was less than two weeks ago. I used to get quite angry and sad because I thought they were attacking me personally. But I've read a book a couple days ago that talked about the things a man should do before he dies and I realized what I've been missing all this time: taking risks. I've been living in the safe region for a long time, but now I've compiled a list of things that I really want to do:

1. Participate in a wargame.
2. Make a funny pose in a photo-shoot.
3. Ride a real rollercoaster.
4. Watch the sunrise with someone I love and have sex afterwards.
5. Have sex in the park, in the public washroom, on the hood of a stranger's car, on the rooftop under the stars, on the ferris wheel, and on the plane.
6. Ride on a steam train.
7. Ride on an elephant.
8. Ride on a helicopter in Grand Canyon.
9. Watch the launch of a space shuttle.
10. Go to the Olympics or other large sports event.
11. Ride on a hot-air balloon.
12. Go skydiving.
13. Go to Antarctica.
And the last goal will make me really proud even if I don't manage to do all the above 13.
14. Go into outer space and experience weightlessness!

So far, I haven't really taken much risks. Here are the ones that I remember:

A. Got hit by a minivan and landed six yards away from the point of impact.
B. Had an argument with a muscular guy at the gym and almost got beaten up.
C. Took a dump in the female washroom, got caught by a woman and her two daughters, and casually washed my hands next to them as if nothing's wrong.
D. Shaved bald and wore a baseball cap for an entire month.
E. Talked with 2 female strangers a week (what this blog is all about).

Sometimes I worry about what will happen after I leave this world and whether people will remember me. I don't want to have any regrets, so that's why I'll try to live my life to the fullest.

1 comment: