Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back On Good Terms

After a couple days of thinking and talking with friends, I realized how much of a jerk I had always been. I always only thought of myself and forgot to care about the feelings of others. For this online date, I asked her out on the third day of MSN, then I made up a lame excuse to cancel the date, then I said we should be friends, then I accused that she was a scam and asked her out again to see if she's just an ugly fat guy. If she's really a woman, which I'm pretty sure of, then she should be pretty hurt.

Realizing this, I apologized to her the following day. I admitted on being a jerk, just like now. Even though she said she wasn't mad, I knew she was and probably cried over it (or not). It's a good thing, apologizing, because it made her feel better, and somehow I feel better too. Even though this may not work out, at least I got a new friend.

Yesterday, I watched the DVD of Bruce Willis's Surrogates. That movie was pretty disturbing, talking about the future world where almost everyone operates a mechanical version of themselves (surrogates) to interact with other surrogates. And because of this technology, everyone made their appearances perfect (ex. Tom Cruise faces, DD-cup breasts, 10-inch penises). Yes, they could "feel" through their machines too. Sick, isn't it?

It made me think about how much people tend to their appearances, when it's really the mind and spirit that counts. Actually, even now, we're imitating surrogates by wearing clothes and styling our hair. For women, they put on makeup too, some noticeably wearing masks. What's up with this world? We should throw all our clothes away, which may or may not lead to more "street-style" sex lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment