Monday, November 22, 2010

Power of Listening

I was just reading the South China Morning Post today. (And yes, I do read, quite a bit actually.) And I was absolutely astonished by 1 of the advertisements. It's about a workshop that claims to improve your listening skills at work or whatever, and all you have to do is pay a whooping $3200! Here are the exact words: "75% of what you hear is usually misunderstood or misinterpreted. But all that can change..." especially after you listen to the geek on the left. Personally, I don't think $3200 is too big of a deal, but spending that much to listen to this Mr. Sidney Yuen? I don't think so. Hey Mr. Creepy Smile, I don't care if you're the chairman of HBC, HSBC, or Microsoft, I just don't want to see your creepy smile.

One more thing. Due to immense pressure from the Toastmasters International community, I will soon have to take down my bilateral blog, which publishes my Toastmasters speeches. They said that overall attendance to the bi-weekly meetings will drop tenfold if outsiders can easily see my speeches online instead of coming to the meetings. So, sorry guys, just know that it wasn't my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment