Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Date

Two weeks ago, I met up with the online girl who I've been talking to for the past 8 months. I was super nervous. When I was waiting for her to show up, my heart pounded so hard, I thought I was having a heart attack. At that moment, I didn't know what to think or what to say if she arrived. For a while, I hoped that she won't arrive, so I can just do my duty of waiting for 45 minutes before leaving and telling myself that I at least tried.

Fortunately, she did arrive and somehow, I wasn't as nervous as before. But I was still nervous, nonetheless, as I drank 4 large glasses of water, could barely eat, and had absolutely no idea of what to say. Even the couples sitting nearby constantly stared at us. She seemed quite comfortable though, often initiating conversation. I got more comfortable towards the end, however, and managed to reveal my humorous side. But that didn't stop me from leaving my favorite umbrella behind.

I think I could have done better. I'm not sure what she's thinking though. She probably just thinks of me as a normal friend because she rejected me for a second date.

No comments:

Post a Comment